This New Years ... like every New Years ... will be spent with the people I love the most ... my boys.
A couple of my friends sent me a text asking what I was doing for NYE or to tell me where the "party was at". And I couldn't help but laugh. I don't know why though. NYE is a celebration for adults, not children. Why shouldn't I go out and bid farewell to 2012? To be honest ... it's just not our thing.
|New Years 2004 - Cale looks amused, right?!|
1) Going to a bar with hundreds of baby-weight-free single women in tight black shimmery dresses is not my idea of awesome. I'd have to get drunk just so that I didn't have to look at them anymore. Skinny bitches.
2) There is absolutely positively nothing more rewarding than watching episodes of my favorite sitcom on Netflix for four hours straight. Breaking Bad ... here we come!!
3) Baby it's coooooold outside. And my boys are the best snugglers in the WORLD!!
4) I can drink watered down Jack Daniels and Coke or drink cheap Wine out of a solo cup at home too, y'know?! But I'd rather drink my favorite Moscato and use my favorite Jimmy Buffet Margaritaville-style wine glass my mom picked out in Jamaica.
5) I just don't feel the need to spend $100 on a sparkly dress I'll wear one time. I'd much rather buy shoes. A LOT of shoes.
6) It's hard work and kind of stressful just to watch a ball drop. If I wanted to do that ... I'd watch a college football game.
7) New Years Day is Dillard's BIGGEST sale of the season. And frankly ... I don't want to spend it hungover with a bunch of strangers. I'd rather be the perky one who gets all the best deals because I'm not seeing double and battling a migraine.
8) And lastly ... A certain 5-year-old and a certain 2-year are going to wake up at 6:30am to watch Spongebob regardless of what day it is and they are really not going to give a flying puck how many glasses of Moscato I had the night before. So there's that.
So if one more person asks what I'm doing for NYE, I'm just going to politely end the coversation with a "thanks ..... but I'm good".
Whatever you are doing for New Years ... please be careful, enjoy your time with the ones you love the most, and CHEERS ... for surviving the end of the world (yet again).